The American Rental Association (ARA) now offers insurance solutions to members across all Canadian provinces. Westland Insurance Group is the exclusive partner for the comprehensive insurance package, which is specifically designed to meet the needs of equipment and event rental businesses.
“We’re really happy to have found a partner like Westland Insurance that will set our Canadian members up for success,” says Tony Conant, ARA CEO. “Westland understands the complexities of rental and why insurance is so crucial to business operations. We’re excited to work with them and serve our members in all provinces.”
The insurance products, which are underwritten with an AM Best “A” rated insurance company and are supported by advisors with rental industry experience, include the following coverages:
- Property — Bespoke limits, deductibles and rating for building, stock and equipment while kept on premises.
- General Liability — Up to $5 million per occurrence; up to $5 million aggregate per policy term.
- Contractors Equipment — Coverage for rental and sales inventory at the store, on the road or out to rent; replacement cost coverage offered for the first five model years; comprehensive conversion wordings included.
- Cyber Insurance — Coverage for 1st and 3rd party claims, including cybercrime (phishing scams, ransomware, EFT [electronic funds transfer] fraud). Industry leading 24/7 incident response coverage.
- Excess Liability — Limits up to $10 million available; provides excess limits over general liability and auto liability.
ARA members involved in contractor equipment, tool rentals or event rentals — as well as members that are equipment dealers with a rental operation — will find value in the new Canadian insurance solutions program.
“Westland is excited to work with ARA to bring this comprehensive commercial insurance package to Canadian ARA members,” says Donna Barclay, EVP, Commercial and Specialty at Westland Insurance. “Our exclusive partnership means Canadian ARA members now have access to uniquely specialized insurance protection to complement education, business resources, news, and research insights designed for the equipment and event rental industry.”
Click here for more information about the insurance offerings available through the ARA/Westland Insurance partnership. Questions? Please call ARA member services at 800.334.2177.